Liquitex Airbrush Medium is specifically formulated to thin acrylic colours for airbrush application. Mixing colours with AirbrushMedium will ensure that the colours do not lose their flexibility, durability and adhesion.
- Low viscosity
- Ready to use pre-filtered and pre-reduced to the required consistency for airbrush techniques, add as much or as little as desired.
- Formulated for thinning acrylic colours for airbrush application.
- Ensures colours do not lose flexibility, durability and adhesion.
- Easily thins acrylic colour or any water-soluble paints to a sprayable consistency.
- Allows thinned acrylic paint to be sprayed efficiently and retain paint film integrity.
- Liquitex Airbrush Medium mixes easily with all Liquitex Soft Body Artist Colours to produce airbrush paint with the proper viscosity for airbrushing.
- Can also be mixed with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Colours.
- Can be mixed with all Liquitex paint, mediums and gesso.
- Mix Liquitex Airbrush Medium into Soft Body Artist Color there is no need to strain.
- Mix Liquitex Airbrush Medium into Heavy Body Artist Color and strain to remove any undissolved colour.
- Start by mixing 50% Liquitex Airbrush Medium to colour and mix thoroughly. Add further Airbrush Medium as necessary to facilitate flow through the airbrush. Each colour may require a different percentage of Airbrush Medium to colour, due to variation in colour pigment size and concentration of pigment.
- Airbrush nozzle size and spraying pressure (PSI) will determine the ratio of Airbrush Medium to paint mixture. Larger nozzles allow for greater amounts of paint in the mixture.
- Keep airbrush wet during use, do not allow paint to dry in airbrush.
- Clean airbrush with water, water/ammonia mixture, Liquitex Professional Acrylic Ink Pen Cleaner, airbrush cleaner or alcohol.